What We Are Reading...


Tuesday, November 12, 2013

IF YOU NEED TO HIDE A BODY............

Thursday November 14th 

 

TO THE HILT by Dick Francis

Alexander Kinloch found solitude and a steady income painting in a bothy on a remote Scottish mountain. Until the morning the strangers arrived to rough him up, and Alexander was dragged reluctantly back into the real and violent world he thought he had left behind.
Millions of pounds are missing from his stepfather's business. A valuable racehorse is under threat. Then comes the first ugly death and the end of all Alexander's doubts. For the honour of the Kinlochs he will face the strangers ... up to the hilt... 
                             Check Our Catalog

Kai's Comments:

Okay -- I have to admit I was skeptical about this book before I opened the first page.  I must confess after that I fell in love.  What a terrific book.  It is witty, fun and definitely a mystery.  Usually I can figure out what's going on in a mystery but this one kept me guessing right up til the end.  I was fascinated by the author's description of a painter's motivation. It made me want to see the paintings he described.  I was also amazed by Alexander Kinloch's ingenuity in hiding items of great value and his ability to figure things out because he looks at the world differently.  I'm looking forward to this Thursday's discussion.